HOME CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Custom TAP Instructions
1. The hook should be set at a comfortable position, usually at 50% of the distance from the jaw being all the way back and forward.
2. First, place the upper appliance in the mouth, then the lower appliance.
3. Move the jaw forward to hook the two appliances together.
4. If it is not comfortable in this position, give us a call and/or dial back to
If you still snore or have other symptoms...
With the appliance in place inside your mouth, turn the key to your right (clockwise) ½ turn towards your right ear in order to advance your jaw. You should feel a stretch to jaw /chin.
Do this every night or other night as long as it is comfortable to jaw. Once the snoring and symptoms have stopped, stop adjusting device. If the snoring reappears then start the advancement process again.
If you experience pain or discomfort, turn the key to the left two turns towards your left ear. (Reduces strain/stretch). If the discomfort continues, stop wearing the appliance until the discomfort subsides. Return the hook to the original starting position and start turning the key to the right ½ turn every other night.
Morning Bite Repositioner
1. Place bite form onto lower teeth, now set bite together, top teeth should fit into the aligner, now clench teeth with pressure so that back teeth contact.
4. If it continues to feel off , not even, front hitting more, then repeat steps.
5. Very important to do the exercise to maintain stable bite.
In the morning, rinse device toughly with cold or warm water (Never Hot).
Use soap to help remove saliva from device, this will help from calculus build up.
You can use brush around metal hardware and inside trays (gentle motion).
Allow device to dry with air circulating in box or on counter.
Do a weekly soak for disinfecting of TAP.
½ hydrogen peroxide to ½ water mix
KEEP AWAY FROM DOGS.
The MyTAP appliance will fit tightly every night and may cause some discomfort.
Using the dial, twist left towards the left ear in order to stretch the lower jaw forward to decrease snoring. If snoring continues, turn the dial ½ turn to the left every night until snoring is gone.
Morning Bite Aligner Instructions
Every morning wait 15-20 minutes after taking your TAP appliance out to put the bite aligner in your mouth for a minute.
Home Care for MyTAP
1. Brush and floss teeth every night before putting the appliance in mouth